During the project lifetime (2012-2013), five consortia of mixed Africans, Europeans and other key stakeholders in the field will be formed with the aim of submitting to EU/FP calls for tenders (or other programmes supporting ICT research) project proposals ready for implementation.
The EuroAfrica-ICT Initiative through the EuroAfrica-P8 Partnership will support selected project consortia at 3 different levels: the project idea, the project planning and finally the proposal submission phases.
A five-step process is adopted:
- Step#1: Prepare a list of ideas for collaborative research projects considering EU/FP challenges/objectives and previous work undertaken by the EuroAfrica-ICT and other initiatives;
- Step#2: Identify potential funding sources including calls for proposals to target;
- Step#3: Identify possible coordinators and potential consortium members;
- Step#4: Support the identified partnerships in the collaborative proposal writing and in the project planning: follow the drafting process of the proposal (objectives, methodologies, work-plans, work-package descriptions, staff efforts, resource planning, funding schemes, consortium structures, milestone lists, deliverable lists, project impact, etc.), ensure the consistency of the proposal, and ensure the completion of the proposal on time.
- Step#5: Tangibly demonstrate to policy-makers and other key stakeholders in the field the potential socio-economic impact of such research projects (on Education, Health, Agriculture, etc.)